I hope that you are all keeping well. The first week back has flown! It has been great having all pupils back in school at last.
The Meal of the Day returns next week. It costs £2.95 and includes a drink.
This is next week’s menu:
- Monday: Bolognese / (V) Bolognese 🍝
- Tuesday: Burger 🍔/ (V) Burger
- Wednesday: Curry / (V) Curry 🍛
- Thursday: Beef burrito wraps / (V) wraps 🌯
- Friday: Fish / Fingers + Chips 🐠🍟
Everything else will also be available e.g. pizza 🍕 baked potatoes 🥔 sandwiches 🥪 etc
‼️Please remember: no money on acct = no food
Extra curricular activities
Slowly but surely, we are in a position to be able to hold extra curricular activities at last.
🎶 Year 7,8,9 choir practice will be held on Wednesday after school, under the canopy. The pupils will need a coat! There will be at least 2m between pupils from different year groups. The practice will last from 3:30 until 4:15pm. Please remember to follow the Music Department on Twitter to see the latest: @CerddBroEdern or https://twitter.com/CerddBroEdern
The PE Department has announced its extra curricular timetable for the next 3 weeks:
The after school activities all last until 4:45pm. Any pupils taking part in these activities will need to come to school in their official Bro Edern PE kit and bring a roll on deodorant in their bag. Pupils still cannot change in the changing rooms.
Yr Antur i Amlwch (The Adventure to Amlwch)
Thanks for your support for our St David’s Pilgrimage. Parental comments have been overwhelmingly positive, with a number of parents asking about the next challenge. If you are yet to record your child’s Pilgrimage distance, this is the last opportunity: https://forms.gle/7V1b254KPkmkG1oH8
Here are some comments from parents about the Pilgrimage, noted on the above Google Form:
- Great challenge – look forward to the next one.
- Her wych! Wedi mwynhau.
- Her arbennig, wedi parhau lan am Aberteifi!
- We enjoyed the challenge, excellent idea.
- This is a great project! Children get exercise and get to know the area.
- My son enjoyed the challenge and is looking forward to the next one.
- My daughter really enjoyed it, great idea yet again from Bro Edern, definitely increased their physical activity with no nagging from me needed. Diolch!
- My son really enjoyed the challenge. It kept him busy and motivated and gave him something to aim for. Thank you.
- Wedi joio!
- I did this with my son and we both did the 225 miles getting there and back (not between us). He really enjoyed the challenge.
- Thank you for organising the challenge! This really motivated my son & he’s now super-fit going back to rugby/football!
- My daughter really enjoyed the challenge although we ran out of time to complete the total miles – she gained a lot out of the experience. Well done Staff Bro Edern!
- Syniad gwych! Doedd e ddim yn credu bydde fe’n gallu cwblhau’r sialens aur, felly rydyn ni fel ei rieni a fe ei hun yn hynod falch ohonno! Diolch Bro Edern am roi her mor synhwyrol a helpgar i sefydlu arferiad iachus 👏!
- Mae ein merch wedi codi £640 tuag at elusen Holibobs (elusen leol sy’n trefnu gwyliau i blant â canser) wrth wneud yr her. Diolch am rhoi’r sbardun iddi i gadw’n iach ac helpu eraill.
- I am very proud of my daughter for completing this without my help. I just checked her mileage on her Samsung health app daily.
- Mae fy merch wedi rili mwynhau a mynd mas bron pob dydd. Wedi neud lot mwy hefyd ond wedi anghofio troi’r Fitbit ymlaen sawl tro. Her dda iawn.
Here we go with the next challenge: our Antur i Amlwch!
As many of you know, our Deputy Mr Alan Williams takes great pride in the fact the he is an ex-pupil of Ysgol Syr Thomas Jones for the Gifted in Amlwch, as he fondly calls his former school. Therefore, our new challenge takes in the distance to Amlwch, which is right at the top of Anglesey, during the summer term. This gives our pupils the opportunity to go right across Wales, albeit virtually.
Simply put, this is our Antur i Amlwch:
- walk, run or cycle 175 miles, 282 km or for 59 hours – choose ONE of these
- start tomorrow 17 April, finish the last Wednesday of term, which is 14 July
- 🥇Gold Challenge: Individual pupil to complete the whole distance to Amlwch
- 🥈Silver Challenge: 2 pupils or 2 family members share the distance, walking 30 mins each, per hour counted, and adding the time/distance together
- 🥉Bronze Challenge: 3 pupils or 3 family members share the distance, walking 20 mins each, per hour counted, and adding time/distance together
Pupils can keep track of their distances on mobile phone apps such as Strava or Health, or fill in our special spreadsheet, day by day: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1taAduf2YZSkhF-s2I8RYWrWfkpHbnqBpp81wJz7c8ZA/copy
We have set Bro Edern up as a club on Strava. Pupils and parents can join with this link: https://www.strava.com/clubs/broedern Pupils need to be 13 to join Strava. We will expect that any group membership requests arrive because pupils have already had parental permission to join Strava in the first place.
The Assessments have started this week for years 11, 12 and 13. I would like to congratulate the pupils on the fuss-free way in which they have completed the assessments so far. If you as parents have any queries, please contact the Head of Year. Please remember that all the information about the assessments is in a previous blog:
Year 10 Parents’ Evening
Everyone who is their child’s first contact has now received the code via text message. The code should have arrived yesterday. The School Cloud system opens for bookings at 5:30pm tonight. Full details of our School Cloud system are here:
Please remember to watch the video!
For parents’ information, there are new drawers outside the office (not reception) where girls can pick up sanitary products if needed. There is no need to ask permission.
Lateral Flow Test
The blue boxes are available in the office (not reception) if you require more tests.
If your child needs to carry any medicines or give them in to school, there are now relevant forms on our website: www.broedern.cymru
Enjoy the weekend!